Married to the most incredible woman, Angela, on March 5, 1994
Blessed with 2 kids, Rachel and Josiah and a son-in-law, Kurt. (Since January 2018 been empty-nesters and loving it!)
Completed Master of Divinity in May ’08 from Phoenix Seminary
- Born October 4, 1971 in Orange County, California.
- Became a Christian at the age of 4. Grew up in So. Cal. And attended First Evangelical Free Church in Fullerton, Ca. It was Charles Swindoll’s church and where I was deeply impacted for life by the leaders and youth of the ministry there.
- Joined the Marine Corps in summer of 1989.
- Served in Desert Shield & Desert Storm.
- I’ve traveled to more than 13 different countries.
I met Angela in our youth group at church but didn’t start dating until the end of my term in the Marines. Soon after we were married we moved to Auckland, New Zealand to take up a youth pastor position at Papatoetoe Baptist Church.
We served for 3 years there and had our daughter Rachel there as well.
It was also in New Zealand that I picked up the love of rugby.
Following our time in New Zealand we moved to Phoenix, Arizona and I took up an associate pastors position at New Life Community Church where I served for 8 years. And it was during that time that we had our son Josiah.
Then on October 31, 2007 we moved to Las Vegas, Nevada to take on the role of senior pastor with the amazing people of Summit Ridge Church. I am so proud of them and love them dearly.
I can’t wait to keep watching what God is doing with this church. We are here to stay.